Slight hair loss during the day is considered normal, especially if the person has dramatically lost weight, experiences daily stress or has chronic diseases. Recent childbirth can also affect hair loss. However, sometimes hair loss begins to threaten baldness. Fortunately, there are some simple and effective ways to keep your hair strong and even stronger.
Looking for working methods and life hacks every day that can help our readers. Today we have carefully compiled a selection of tips that will definitely be useful in the fight against hair loss. Don’t forget to save them.
1. Introduce foods that stimulate hair growth
Improper diet can cause hair loss. Add the right foods to your diet and things can change.
- Kimchi cabbage contains probiotics that help stop hair loss.
- Eggs are rich in protein and biotin, which are essential for hair growth.
- Spinach contains iron and vitamin A, which are essential for hair growth.
- Salmon and other fatty fish are the best sources of omega-3 acids, which are responsible for thickening hair.
- Avocados are literally packed with vitamins E and C, as well as very important fatty acids that have a positive effect on hair as well.
- Meat is another source of protein and iron, which are essential for healthy hair.
2. Arrange an oil massage for the scalp
Scalp massage and masks with different oils can be just as beneficial for hair growth as dietary changes. These activities help relieve tension and activate hair follicles.
- Rosemary oil is used to treat hair loss and stimulate hair growth. Massage your scalp several times a week with a little oil.
- Geranium oil also promotes hair growth. You can mix it with a base oil and apply as a mask, or add it to your shampoo and use it as usual.
- Aloe vera gel works well against dandruff, which is known to cause itchy scalp. Brushing damages the skin, and small wounds, rashes and irritation can negatively affect hair growth and lead to hair loss. Aloe Vera juice is known for its wound healing properties.
3. Use onion juice
Onions, of course, do not have the most pleasant smell, but they can be an effective remedy for bald patches. Its juice contains nutrients that are beneficial for the follicles. It improves hair condition and promotes hair growth. You can squeeze the juice or chop the onion in a blender, and then gently massage the resulting gruel into your scalp.
4. Drink green tea
Green tea is one of the main sources of antioxidants. It is recommended as a supplement in the treatment of various diseases. Tea contains epigallocatechin gallate, which affects hair growth.
In a small study, volunteers with hair loss took a new supplement. It was composed of green tea extract, vitamin D, omega-3 and 6 types of fatty acids. The results showed that 80% of the participants experienced significant hair growth.
5. Check your vitamin D levels
There may be a link between low vitamin D levels and alopecia areata. Therefore, it makes sense for people who are faced with hair loss to consult a specialist and check their vitamin D levels.
Taking your doctor’s prescription vitamins, a healthy diet, and sun exposure can help stop hair loss much faster than you think.
6. Do not brush your hair when it is wet
Styling your hair immediately after shampooing does a lot of damage. Doing this regularly can lead to hair loss and baldness. Instead, let your hair dry naturally, and then comb it gently with a wide-toothed comb.
7. Use pumpkin seed oil
During a large scientific study, participants in an experiment with androgenetic (male) pattern baldness were asked to take a pumpkin seed oil supplement and another a placebo. The first group showed significant hair growth.
And while scientists have yet to properly study this issue, adding pumpkin seed oil to the diet will definitely not lead to anything bad, and may even contribute to the fight against hair loss.
8. Wash your hair with licorice shampoo (licorice root)
Chinese licorice has many health benefits. It stimulates hair follicles, supports growth and reduces hair thinning. It is easier to apply licorice root as a shampoo. You can buy a natural herbal licorice shampoo and use it daily.
9. Try using ginger
According to another study, ginger contains bioactive compounds that have positive effects on hair growth. In addition, it has antifungal, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties.
You can use ginger juice or oil as a nourishing scalp mask. Mix it with a carrier oil (such as coconut, argan or jojoba oil) and apply to your hair. Put a hat on your head and wash off after 30 minutes.